Winner of Gamescom Award Takes It All
As you probably know, Gamescom is an annual trade show which has been transformed into one of the most important events for gamers and developers all over the world. Opening its door to thousands of participants since 2009 in Cologne, Germany. It is attended by all principle representatives of the gaming market and their fans. The most notable titles and new releases are regarded here. Usually, it lasts for four days, but the first day is mostly for the press. Then the entrance is allowed for all attendees.
This brief background information is only to highlight the significance of the award established by Gamescom. Now we would like to tell you the name of this year's winner.
Dreaming is Forever
Please, welcome Dreams! This two-in-one multi-game video title and game creation platform was highly praised on this year's show. It has become the Best of Gamescom 2019.
This is a jury category. All titles which take part in the competition are examined and honored by an international jury consisting of independent experts and influencers. Thus, there is every reason to believe that this unique product deserves attention.
We should mention that it can boast of other recognition – the honors announced earlier: The Most Original Game prize and Best Sony PlayStation 4 Game.
What Dreams Are Made Of
Dreams is developed by Media Molecule, British studio, published by Sony Interactive Entertainment and available on PlayStation 4. A diverse and almost professional toolbox is the most impressive advantage of the game platform highlighted by Gamescom jury. It is comprehensive and powerful at the same time. In order to appreciate its capabilities, you should apply the sandbox mode, which provides unique development options. You access tons of tools. Use them to create video games, which can be played within this platform. It is also possible to create art, 3D sculptures, and music. All created products can be shared within the platform.
In addition to the jury category, there are some fan award categories in which the attendees vote for winners. We want to mention some of them:
● Borderlands 3, and action shooter got the Most Wanted award proving that the title is highly anticipated by the fans. It also won Best Multiplayer Game.
● German group PietSmiet gets the Best Streamer/Let’s Player honor.
● Nintendo got the Best eSports Experience award for Super Smash Bros.
● Indie Award is given to El Hijo, a non-violent stealth game developed by Honig Studios. It is considered to be the best independently produced title.
● The Best Games Company is THQ Nordic, distinguished for such its titles as Destroy All Humans and Darksiders Genesis. Its Desperados III is voted as Best Strategy Game.
Did You Watch The Ceremony?
We hope that all winners will deliver on the players’ hopes and will stay as good as the praises they got at Gamescom 2019.
Please share your thoughts about the event and its results this year. Do you agree with the above choices?